Wednesday, 2 November 2011

Deuteronomy 7:9

"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God,  keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands."

I often write my prayers down, I'm a little distractible, so it helps me stay focused. One of my most written statements when I pray is; 'You are God, I am not.'  This verse from Deuteronomy is another reminder to me of who God is, and this knowledge gives me perspective on who I am.  I need that perspective or I tend to promote myself to 'Self professed Know it All'.  Clearly, I'm utterly out of my depth in that position.  But that is the idol of Self working in my life. Wise above all, faithful, mighty, refuge, worthy, it is all attributes that I can NEVER deliver on.  God is God, he is faithful, wise, mighty, a refuge, and worthy.

I'm learning to 'know' this just as Deuteronomy 7:9 tells us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?