Wednesday, 9 November 2011

Psalm 40

"I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire.
He set my feet on a rock and he have me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD."
(1-3)
"Many, oh LORD my God, are the wonder you have done.
The things you planned for us no one can recount to you.;
were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare."
(5)
"I desire to do your will, Oh my God; you law is within my heart."
(8)
"Be pleased, oh LORD, to save me; oh LORD, come quickly to help me.
(13)
"But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you;
may those who love your salvation always say, "The LORD be exulted!"
Yet I am poor and needy; may the LORD think of me.
You are my heap and my deliverer; O my God, do not delay."
(16-17)


I know taking odd verses out of a whole chapter makes it very bitsy, for that I apologise, but sometimes life is bitsy, and as we read chapters, we can grab and hold tight to verses that touch us tenderly.
God is so good, His timing is perfect, we are often in a rush, just like David in this psalm.  Nothing wrong with asking for action, as long as we are secure in God's timing, knowing He knows best and things will happen in the perfect timing of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?