Thursday, 19 July 2012

Mercy

Parachute Band lead singer Omega Levine penned this beautiful song as a troubled 15 year old. A number of years on other band members contributed to the haunting worship song that grips the depths and gives hope to submissive souls. Parachute Band released 'Mercy' in 2007. US Band Casting Crowns asked Parachute Band if they could write a second verse to their original and have released it on their album. It is well worth a listen, links to both version at the end of this post. 


(Parachute Original verse)
Here I am a sinner, broken and in need of you
Take my life and wash my fears away
For you are the great I am, rest assured I feel Your hands
Holding me until the darkness clears
Father to the fatherless, redeemer of my soul,
My life is yours forever, my heart will always know.


Your mercy saved me, mercy made me whole
Your mercy found me, called me as your own.


(Casting Crowns verse)
Here I stand a child of Yours broken and in need of You
Break these chains and wash my guilt away
Healer of my brokenness, my weary soul will find it's rest
You are my strength, the lifter of my head.
You're greater than my yesterdays, You hold me close today
You're the Lord of my tomorrows, my heart will always say


Your mercy save me, mercy made me whole
Your mercy found me, called me as Your own.


This is a very beautiful song of truth.  I'm so grateful for God's abounding mercy and His generous grace.  So thankful.


Parachute version on YouTube
Casting Crowns version on YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?