Wednesday, 19 June 2013

Christian Family Resources Part 1 - Action Bible

Over the last few years, I have come across some great resources for families, churches, small groups, mentoring, or self-study.  

I want to introduce you to The Action Bible...



My two boys love this Bible.  We initially bought this for our youngest who had only just turned 6, but our 8 other son, 8 years old would often sneak it to read it. Our youngest son has a history of sensory processing issues, he was identified as being incredibly visual and not very auditory - worse than selective hearing.  When we saw a comic version of the Bible we thought, genius! The pictures are graphic, boys love them, wars, weapons, blood, massive amounts of colour and action. The Action Bible website has samples, printable colouring pages and a David and Goliath game (that I can't win). 

It has caused problems, they have been known to fight over it and sometimes I have to stop my boys from reading their Bible because they have jobs to do. I love having these 'problems'. The Action Bible is so good they often choose it over other books. 

This Bible is ideal for boys ages 5 or 6 years to maybe 35 (that's how old my husband is).  If you have a son who isn't a confident reader, then this Bible will satisfy his need for detail with the pictures, yet well captioned. The language in the captions are a challenge for a 6 year old, but they take what they can and are drawn into the pictures. 

Highly Recommend.





No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?