Thursday, 4 July 2013

Rooibus Tea and Technology

I enjoy Redbush Tea.  
You can take it so many different ways, this suits me, as I often feel in the mood for something different - change.  
I always have a stock of many flavoured herbal teas - choice. 
Perhaps too many, as some days I just can't choose - extravagance. 
But I like to think I have a herbal tea for any friend in any mood - love and community. 

I'm a New Zealander, who was introduced to the South African tea Rooibos (redbush) by a English lady. Quirky and somewhat everyday evidence that we live in a global community.

When I was 21 I went to the USA for a short stint. I'd been abroad before, but for those of us who live in New Zealand, Australia doesn't really count as they are culturally so close. While in America I met folks from all over the world, Australia, England, Ghana, Russia, South Africa, Scotland and obviously America.  Back in those days (old persons phrase), the only way I was able to keep in touch after we parted ways was hand written letters. At that point in time the Internet was only in it's early stages and not everyone had an email address. Now, the world looks very different. The world has grown closer in communication, yet further away in community.  

I wonder, are we so connected to the world that we fail to connect with those in the same room as us.

"I Fear the Day That Technology Will Surpass Our Human Interaction" (Albert Einstein)






Get Back: Writer / Director / Editor: Eliot Rausch
Production Company: RauschFilms


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?