Wednesday, 30 April 2014

Christian Family Resources - Part 15 - Kingdom Series

Over the last few years, I have come across some great resources for families, churches, small 
groups, mentoring, or self-study. 

Introducing: Kingdom Series by Chuck Black




This series had my 9 year old hooked.  Line and sinker.  As the books went along he could recognise the characters who paralleled those of the Bible.  The story is full of action and adventure, love and friendship.  The sword fighting was certainly a big hit, not for it's gore, as the was none, just masterful swordmanship.  

The whole series run through the Bible, from Genesis to revelation, from the fall to eternity.  It is a gripping series.

I confess, I read through many of my eldest boys books to make sure they are appropriate, however after book one, I was into these books and nailed them all in a week.  They were that infectious.  Possibly not the best written work I have read, but very captivating, and like me, most 9 year olds are not literary critics, they just know what they like.  We both liked this series.

I would highly recommend this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?